Membrane Performance Enhancer Technology
Get the advantages of enhanced membrane performance:
- Increases the critical flux and decreases the membrane fouling rate.
- Accommodates peak flow conditions more easily, and allows for higher peak flow operation without flux loss.
- Better permeate quality: reduction in TOC, COD, TSS, colour and turbidity; increased removal of pathogens, including viruses and phages.
- Better performance at low temperature.
- Better biological stability to bulking/upset conditions
- Foam removal and prevention
- Reduction of polymer consumption in sludge dewatering
- Increases sludge age, with concurrent reduction of sludge production, with no loss of membrane permeability.
How PermaCare MPE enhances membrane performance:
PermaCare MPE increases the critical flux (the maximum flux above which rapid and irreversible fouling occurs) for a membrane bioreactor. In bench-scale, pilot, and full-scale trials, MPE50 demonstrated reduced membrane fouling, helping membrane bioreactors achieve flux improvements of 30-100%.